What is UI/UX? What is its Importance in Web Design?
Websites should aim to stay ahead of their competitors with UI/UX design in order to provide great experiences to their users. UI/UX design aims to create a user-friendly website by combining the user interface design and functionality of the website. In web design, UX and UI design are combined to increase user satisfaction and increase site conversion rates.
In our content, "What is UI and UX design, what are the differences, why is it important in web design?" We will answer your questions. In addition, in the last part of our article, “How to Evaluate User Feedback to Improve UI and UX Design?” There is a section where you can get important tips. In the light of this information, you will be able to master the basic points to develop a professional design understanding.
What is UI Design?
UI user interface design is concerned with how the website looks and works visually. UI designers determine the style, colors, typography, layout, buttons, icons and other visual elements of the website's interface. UI designers perform the design process by answering the following questions:
- What will the website interface look like? How will the compatibility of the interface be ensured on different platforms such as mobile application, CRM system, web application (for example, a hotel reservation service)?
- What is the style of design? Which of the different styles such as modern, classic, minimalist, retro will suit the purpose and target audience of the website?
- What will the colors of the site be? How to choose colors that are compatible with the brand identity? What are the psychological effects of colors? How to adjust the color contrast?
- Where will the highlights be? Which parts need more attention based on colors, image sizes, animations? What methods will be used to attract and direct users?
- How to best design interface components such as forms, sliders, product cards? How to choose components that users can easily use and understand? How to optimize the placement and size of components?
The goal of UI design is to ensure that the website is perfect both aesthetically and functionally. UI design makes it easy and enjoyable for users to interact with the website. UI design is also closely related to UX design (User Experience).
The user interface design (UI) of the website deals with the visual aspect of the website and the way it works. UI design determines all visual elements, from colors to layouts, from buttons to icons.
UI designers think about how the website will look to be compatible across different platforms, how to engage users, how to structure highlights.
What is UX Design?
User experience design (UX) improves the functionality of a website by taking into account the interaction with the user and the user's experiences, emotions, needs and desires. UX design:
- How users will interact with website elements,
- How their clicks and site navigation will be appropriate,
- how much the user will use the callbacks,
- Should the mini-slider be created when the cursor hovers over the product thumbnails, or should it be applied already on the product card itself, etc. It answers questions such as
UI and UX design come together to make websites perfect both aesthetically and functionally. A UX designer works on the user journey to improve the user experience, while a UI designer designs an aesthetic and eye-catching user interface.
UX design, which is important for improving the experience that websites offer to their users and meeting the needs of users, plays an integral role in web design and is indispensable for the success of a website.
How UI and UX Design Complement Each Other in Web Design?
Visual storytelling is a concept that is presented through a variety of screen types and is valued by companies around the world. What makes apps and web pages stand out is not only a dazzling interface, but also intuitive usability. These two elements determine how the brands or businesses behind modern practices represent high quality and excellent style. So it would be a big mistake to neglect the UX/UI rules.
- UI and UX design come together to make websites perfect both aesthetically and functionally.
- While the UI designer draws the attention of the users by arranging the visual design; The UX designer works on the user journey to improve the user experience.
- UI and UX design work together, increasing users' ease of use and satisfaction with the website.
- UI and UX designers must work together to improve the experience websites offer to their users and to meet their needs.
UI and UX design are two important elements that complement each other for websites to be successful. The UI design, which regulates the visual design, attracts the attention of the users to the website, while the UX design, which improves the user experience, increases the user's ease of use and satisfaction of the website. Working together, websites provide a user-friendly and immersive experience for users.
How to Evaluate User Feedback to Improve UI and UX Design?
User feedback provides invaluable data to evaluate and improve the success of websites' UI/UX design. Accurately evaluating these feedbacks and making improvements effectively is important to increase user satisfaction and conversion rates of the website. Here are tips on how to evaluate user feedback and make improvements:
Use Various Methods to Collect Feedback
Gather user feedback through a variety of methods, including surveys, user tests, comment boxes, and monitoring tools.
Use direct feedback methods and open-ended questions to understand users' experiences.
Analyze Data Regularly
Regularly analyze the collected feedback and identify common trends.
Identify the most common problems and positive experiences users have with the website.
Identify Priority Issues
Identify priority issues based on analysis results and focus on areas that affect the user experience the most.
Address priority issues as a priority to improve website performance.
Share User Feedback with Your Team
Share the collected feedback with your design team and relevant stakeholders.
Make a comprehensive analysis with comments from different perspectives and offer different solutions.
Try Solutions with A/B Tests
Run A/B tests and measure user responses for possible improvements.
Identify the most effective solutions by experimenting with different design options.
Constantly Monitor and Keep Up-to-Date on User Experience
Continuously monitor website performance and make updates according to changing needs.
Continue to continuously collect and evaluate user feedback.
Keep in touch with users
Interact with users through methods such as surveys, feedback forms, or live chat to stay in touch.
Stay in constant contact with users to better respond to their needs and wants.
User feedback is an extremely valuable technique to ensure your website is user-friendly. Correct evaluation and improvement will increase the satisfaction of users and strengthen the success of your website. Remember that users are your website's best critic and most valuable advisor.